Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Cookies 'n Cream Donuts

Nate bought me some donut pans a few months back and I finally got around to using them! I feel bad it took me so long. I made these donuts from Crumbs and Chaos last night and they were a hit. I thought they would be because Nate loves anything cookies 'n cream flavor. They are so quick and easy to make too!

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. buttermilk
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
10 oreo cookies
vanilla frosting

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Generously grease donut pans. Roughly chop 6 of the oreo cookies. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Stir well. It will be a really thick batter. Add in chopped cookies, stir gently. Fill each donut well about 3/4 full.
Bake 10-12 minutes. I let the donuts cool for 20 or so minutes before frosting. I microwaved some store bought vanilla frosting and then drizzled it over the donuts. Chop remaining 4 oreo cookies and sprinkle over top of frosted donuts. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment