Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, December 28, 2012

Slow Cooker Asian Pulled Pork

Okay, this is pork is so good! Nate rated it an 11 on a scale of 1-10. This is definitely a new crock pot favorite at our house. We love Asian food and I can think of lots of dishes to use this pork in. We ate ours over basmati rice. I am going to use some of our leftovers to make some pot stickers this week. It would also be great over some Asian noodles or even as a sandwich on a sesame seed hamburger bun with some Asian slaw. You will love this! I saw this recipe over at The Recipe Critic. I had never used oyster sauce before and was nervous it would taste fishy. There was no fishy taste, it seemed to really enhance the rest of the flavors and give the pork this great umami flavor. Really, make this soon!

Ingredients:
2-3 pound pork roast (my roast was nearly 4 lbs. so I upped the water by a 1/3 cup and doubled the sauce portion)
1 cup water
1 tsp. Better Than Buillion chicken base
1 yellow onion, cut into large chunks
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. oyster sauce

Preparation:
Get crock pot heating on low. Boil the water. Add the chicken base and whisk well to incorporate. Boil for a couple minutes and then remove from heat. You could also substitute 1 cup chicken broth instead of making your own. I would use a low sodium kind though. I let my chicken base mixture cool while I chopped up the onion. Once the crock pot is warm add the chicken base mixture. Put in the pork roast. I rolled it around to coat in the chicken broth. Have the roast fat side up. Add the onions around the roast. Cover and cook on low for 7-10 hours. Remove and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Shred pork and return to crock pot. I left a bit of the chicken broth and some of the onions in the bottom. Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, brown sugar, and oyster sauce. Pour over the meat and stir. I doubled the sauce since I had a larger roast. Cook on low for another 30-60 minutes. Serve warm over some hot cooked rice. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment