Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Filling for Lettuce Wraps

Oh man, these turned out so good! Our next door neighbors just had a baby boy and I took them dinner Sunday night. I wanted to bring something that others wouldn't be bringing. I figured they probably had people bring things like soup or lasagna or chicken and potatoes, so I wanted to do something different. I decided on Chinese. Our neighbors said they liked pretty much everything and weren't allergic to anything, so I went for it. I made them Beef and Broccoli, Basmati Rice, and Lettuce Wraps. I couldn't think of an Asian dessert so I just did store bought fortune cookies. Of course Nate and I had the same thing for dinner and these lettuce wraps were my favorite of the evening, we will definitely be having these again and again!

Ingredients:
1/2 lb. chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. Lawry's teriyaki marinade
1 carrot, julienned
2 cups cabbage, sliced into thin ribbons
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/4 onion, chopped
rice noodles
large lettuce leaves, either butter lettuce or romaine

Preparation:
Marinate chicken in 1 cup Lawry's teriyaki marinade for 1 hour. Cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat. Halfway through cooking add the garlic and onion. Once finished cooking remove chicken, garlic, and onion. Let cool slightly and then shred. I left my chicken in fairly good sized pieces, I didn't want the chicken to get lost in the rest of the veggies. Add 1 Tbsp. teriyaki marinade, shredded chicken, garlic, onion, carrot, and cabbage to skillet and cook until evenly coated with sauce and the cabbage and carrots are slightly softened, but still have a slight crunch. Spoon mixture in lettuce, top with a few rice noodles, wrap up and enjoy! That's it! It is super easy. I didn't think we needed a separate dipping sauce, the filling was just right.

Sorry for such a crappy picture, I remembered last second that I needed to take one so I didn't set it up at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment