Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chicken Wings

Oh man, does my husband love wings! I think he loves me even more now that I can make wings for him. I made these yesterday while we were at my mom's for dinner. I made 4 lbs. of wings and my mom at one, my sister ate two, and Nate and my brother Josh ate the rest. No leftovers! Nate ranked these a 9.5 out of 10. I am pleased that they turned out so well since it was my first time making wings. I hope your family loves these too! I found a recipe that looked promising from BlogChef and I adapted for Nate's taste.


Ingredients:
For the water-
4 lbs. chicken wings
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 teaspoons Lawry's seasoned salt (you can use regular salt too)

For the sauce-
1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned pepper (you can use regular black pepper too)
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 egg yolk
1 teaspoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch

Preparation:
Rinse wings with cold water and pat dry. Fill a large pot halfway with water, add seasoned salt and red pepper flakes. Cover and bring to a boil, then add the wings and boil for 15 minutes.
Mix together hot sauce, oil, sugar, garlic powder, seasoned pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat over medium in a sauce pan until it comes to a boil. Turn down the heat and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove sauce from heat. In a bowl combine cornstarch, water, and egg yolk, whisking well until all combined. Pour the sauce mixture into the cornstarch mixture very slowly, whisking the whole time. Make sure everything is well combined.
After the wings have finished boiling for 15 minutes, place the wings on a baking sheet covered with tin foil and sprayed thoroughly with cooking spray. Place your oven rack on the second from the top spot. Broil the wing for 15 minutes. Remove wings from oven and flip them, then broil for another 15 minutes*.
Once the wings are done place them in a large mixing bowl and toss them with the sauce to evenly coat them.
Enjoy!

*I was worried when I saw that they needed to broil for 30 minutes. I have never broiled anything so long in my life. I was worried about burning so I kept my oven rack one below the top. My wings turned out perfect. The skin was nice and crispy, but not at all burned.

Sorry for no picture, they were eaten way too fast. However, my husband assures me that I will be making these again soon, so I will try and take a picture next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment