Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, December 3, 2010

Creamy Salisbury Steak

I have been trying a bunch of new recipes lately and this is one both Nate and I really enjoyed. It is from Real Mom Kitchen, and I chose it because I had all the ingredients on hand. I have to admit, I didn't really know what salisbury steak was. I had only heard of it in tv dinners. Like I said, I had the ingredients already so we gave it a try. We love this dinner. It is so good, one of Nate's all time favorites.

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 package onion soup mix
½ cup cracker crumbs
1 egg
2 (0.75 oz.) brown gravy mixes
1 cup sour cream
egg noodles, rice or mashed potatoes to serve steak with

Preparation:
Make hamburger patties using ground beef, cracker crumbs, egg, and soup mix. Fry or grill until patties are browned on both sides.
While the hamburgers are cooking, mix together the brown gravy, the water required on the package, and whisk in the sour cream.
Spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick spray and lay cooked patties in the pan. Cover the patties with the sour cream and gravy mixture.
Bake covered, at 350 for 30-40 minutes, turning the patties halfway through. Serve with egg noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.

*I halve the meat portion of this recipe for Nate and me. I keep the sauce the same because Nate loves having lots of sauce. I make 4 patties and so we have enough for leftovers, I also use fat-free sour cream.







No comments:

Post a Comment