Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cafe Rio Style Burritos

Nate loves Cafe Rio, I don’t.  This recipe is a nice compromise that we both really liked.  I got the idea from Kuki’s Kitchen.  I am so glad Whitney told me about this site, I have gotten some great meals from there.  

I have to be honest, these turned out really really good.  I didn’t think I would like the green chili sauce but I really did.  I bought the La Victoria brand because it was on sale, and I will continue to buy that kind.  If you like a lot of sauce, use a large can.  The leftovers held up really well too.  I will definitely be making this again!

Ingredients:

chicken *, cooked and shredded (I had made a rotisserie style chicken earlier in the week so I shredded my leftovers and used those)

1 can La Victoria mild green chili sauce (I used a small can and it was plenty for the two of us)

Mexican rice (I made my own, recipe is listed here)

Monterey Jack cheese (I had cheddar jack so that’s what I used)

1 can black beans, drained

large flour tortillas

*you could also use shredded beef or pork

 

Preparation:

Mix chicken, half of the green chili sauce, black beans,  and Mexican rice in a skillet.  Heat through.  Once warm spoon mixture into tortillas, top with cheese and wrap them up like a burrito.  I find it is helpful to warm up the tortillas in the microwave so they are more pliable.  Once you are finished making the burritos, pour remaining green chili sauce over the top of the burritos and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until your cheese is melted. *  

*The website said 30 minutes, but mine were done after 20.

DSCN1227

DSCN1230

No comments:

Post a Comment