Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crock Pot Pepper Steak

Nate and I love PF Changs. His favorite dish is their Pepper Steak. I have to admit, I find cooking Chinese food to be a little intimidating, so when I found this easy crock pot recipe I knew I had to try it. This is my adaptation from a Rachael Ray recipe. I am not a fan of Rachael Ray, but we really liked this recipe. I halved the amount of meat for the two of us, but left the rest of the recipe the same. I served this with basmati rice.

Ingredients:
3 lbs. beef sirloin
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. ginger, grated (I left this out)
1 onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1.5 Tbsp. brown sugar
¾ cup soy sauce
ground black pepper, to taste
cooked rice

Directions:
In a large skillet, sear the meat in some oil until nice and brown on both sides. Remove the steak to a cutting board and slice the steak into 1-inch thick strips.
Place the sliced steak into the crock-pot bowl, then dust the meat with cornstarch and mix the meat around until there is no more visible cornstarch.
Add the remaining ingredients to the crock-pot, then place a lid on top and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Serve on top of cooked rice. Makes 6-8 servings.

*I forgot to buy ginger, so I didn't add it. Also, I cut into my red pepper and it didn't look great, so I didn't add that either. The recipe still turned out great. I did take pictures, but they aren't the greatest. This tastes a lot better than the pictures look.



No comments:

Post a Comment