Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Zesty Turkey Meatballs

Okay, these are seriously amazing. I am so impressed with myself for coming up with this recipe. Scrumptious is the only way to describe it. Two of my favorite things, turkey and Italian food, this recipe is a top ten favorite of mine. Nate loved them too. I made a large batch so I could freeze half for another meal so you may want to halve the recipe if you have a small family. Oh, I am so excited to share this recipe with you, make it asap!

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground turkey
30 slices turkey pepperoni, finely chopped (I use the Hormel brand)
1/2 onion, minced
1 green pepper, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 egg
2/3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. garlic bread seasoning
1/2-1 tsp. crushed red pepper (depending on how much spice you like)
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Combine all of the above ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Be careful not to overmix or your meatballs will be a bit tough. Don't add too much salt because the Worcestershire sauce, garlic bread seasoning, and parmesan all have a bit of salt in them. I just did a nice sprinkling of kosher salt and it was perfect. Also, the amount of breadcrumbs is an estimate, I started slowly and then added what I needed to get the meatballs the right consistency, so if your mixture is really loose, you may want to add a bit more. Once mixture is well combined, use a cookie scooper to create evenly sized meatballs. If you like bigger meatballs, use two scoops and roll them together to get a nice big meatball. Place meatballs on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until cooked all the way through. If you are making big meatballs you will need to cook them longer. Serve the meatballs hot with pasta and marinara sauce. I made my meatballs mid afternoon so once they were done I threw them in a crock pot with some pasta sauce and just kept them on low until dinner. Enjoy!

This recipe makes about 50 medium meatballs.




My recipe was featured over at Fantastical Sharing of Recipes. I'm so flattered!


I linked up this recipe over at Six Sisters' Stuff, Mandy's Recipe Box, and Chef In Training.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! These look great! Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday Talent Show! I hope to see you again next Tuesday!
    -Nikki
    Chef in Training
    http://www.chef-in-training.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! YUMMY! I love that you included that some could be frozen because I've never thought about doing that and it's a genius idea!

    Thank you for linking up at Twisted Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made these meatballs today and they were a big hit! We made a huge batch and put a boatload in the freezer. We ate them plain with dinner tonight and they were so yummy. Kim, you are a genius! I am so thankful you shared this recipe!!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete