Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches

We had these sandwiches for dinner tonight and they were really good! My roast was falling apart when I took it out of the crock pot. I cooked it the full 10 hours and it was super moist and tender. I am going to use the leftover meat in another dish later on this week. This recipe comes from Our Best Bites.

Ingredients:
1 2.5-3 lb. beef roast
2 Tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
2 1-ounce packages dry onion soup mix
2 c. water
2 cans beef broth
6-8 large buns (or more...6 would be VERY generous servings!)
Swiss, provolone, or mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced.

Preparation:
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and rub roast with salt and pepper.
When very hot, carefully place roast in pan and sear on all sides. You're not cooking the meat, you're just browning it quickly on all sides to add flavor and seal in the juices.
Place in crock pot and sprinkle with onions soup mix. Pour water and beef broth over roast.
Cook 8-10 hours on low or cook 4-5 hours on high and another 3-4 hours on low. You know it's done when you pop a fork in it and the meat just falls apart. When meat is ready, shred with a fork.
Place meat in crusty rolls. Top with cheese and broil open-faced in the oven or toaster oven for a few minutes, until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
Ladle juices into small cups for dipping and enjoy!

*Nate ate his sandwich with cheese and loved it, I ate my plain and I thought it was so good. I am trying to be better about taking pictures of my cooking, I took pictures of the beef and the aux jus after cooking. I totally forgot to take pictures of the sandwiches though. Oops!




No comments:

Post a Comment