Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Estroganofe - Brazilian Stroganoff

Okay, so Nate has been asking me to make Brazilian stroganoff for years and years! I know, I'm a slacker! In my defense I did tell him that if he would find me a recipe I would make it. One of Nate's colleagues is married to this cute lady from Brazil. This recipe comes straight from her so you know it's authentic! We had a couple over for dinner last night and both he and Nate served missions in Brazil and loved this dish. They both raved about it, and our guest even took some leftovers home, I was so flattered!

Ingredients:
3 lbs. filet mignon (I used tri tip)
3 Tbsp. butter
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced (we don't like mushrooms so I omitted these)
3 cups whipping cream
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. mustard (I used dijon)
2 tsp. cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Cut filet mignon into narrow strips. Season with salt and pepper. Brown in butter. When browned add the onions and mushrooms. Do not overcook. Add the ketchup, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook slowly. When time to serve, dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of cream. Add that and rest of cream to meat mixture. Serve over rice. Muito bom!

1 comment: