Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shredded Mexican Beef - Slow Cooker

Okay, Nate called this beef "addicting." It is really really good. I've been looking for a great shredded beef and this easily fits the bill. I used this beef in enchiladas last night and they were by far the best enchiladas I've ever made. This recipe also makes a ton, so I am freezing half of it for another meal. Nate can't wait to have it again, he's already given me a lot of suggestions on how he wants it used, quesadillas, taquitos, nachos, etc! I got this recipe over at Real Mom Kitchen. I followed her recipe exactly, something I don't do very often. Next time I will add a bit more chili powder and cumin, just for an extra kick of flavor.

Ingredients:
1 (2.5 lb) chuck roast
1 3/4 cups beef broth
Juice of 1 lime
1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder (next time I will add 2 Tbsp.)
1/2 Tbsp. cumin (next time I will add 1 Tbsp.)
1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper

Preparation:
Place roast in a slow cooker along with beef broth. Squeeze lime juice over roast. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle spice mixture over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker and shred removing any fat. Return meat to crock pot and cook for 30 minutes more. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove beef from slow cooker and serve in your favorite Mexican dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment