Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Comfort Chicken

We had this for dinner Tuesday night. I had frozen chicken that I needed to use before the move, and I thought this recipe might be a good way to get Nate to eat more vegetables. It made the house smell super good! I got the basic idea here.

Ingredients:
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
1 lb. yukon gold potatoes (you could use any kind of potato though)
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped (I used a handful of baby carrots cut in half)
1 cup chicken broth
Lawry's seasoning salt, to taste
Lawry's seasoned pepper, to taste
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. poultry seasoning (I love McCormick's GrillMates chicken rub)

Preparation:
Chop your veggies and put them in the crock pot. I left the celery and onion big enough that Nate can pick them out, he likes the flavor they add, but he doesn't like to eat them in dishes like this. Add your chicken, seasonings, and chicken broth. Cook on high for 4-5 hours.



P.S. Here is a little crock pot tip for you. Did you know that if your crock pot is not half way full it will dry out and possibly burn your food. I had no idea! For years I had been using a huge 6 quart crock pot and I had cut the recipes down to size for just Nate and I everything turned out so dry and tough. Every time I used the crock pot I got so frustrated! So once I found out that it was because my crock pot wasn't full enough, I had Nate get me a new one for my birthday. I love my new crock pot! It is a 4 quart size and it is perfect and works like a charm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment