Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Creamy Cajun Pasta with Blackened Chicken

Nate LOVED this meal! He rated it an 11 on a 1-10 scale. We will definitely be making it again. I found the recipe at The Sisters Cafe. The only changes I made was to omit the sugar and I added some seasoning salt to the tomato cream sauce. This chicken is amazing! I think a salad with blackened cajun chicken and some pico de gallo on top would be divine! Enjoy!


Ingredients:
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts halves
2-3 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp. olive oil
8 oz. gemelli or penne pasta
1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic
1 tsp. dry basil
1 tsp. sugar (I omitted this)
1 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
2/3 cup cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for garnish)


Preparation:
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm. Pour tomatoes into a small sauce pan and add dry basil and sugar. Reduce the tomatoes over medium-high heat until thickened, about 10 minutes.
While tomatoes are cooking, rub chicken breasts with desired amount of Cajun seasoning. {I like to use 3 Tb but we like it spicy at our house. When I’ve used 2 Tb in the past, it has a mild kick of spice – still very delicious and probably perfect for finicky kids… or adults!} Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat (careful not to burn the oil). Add chicken and cook 7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear when pierced. Remove from skillet and slice thinly across the grain.
Once the tomatoes have thickened, reduce heat and stir in cream. Heat through but DO NOT BOIL! Toss with pasta and parmesan cheese.
Serve sliced chicken on top of pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese.

*My Note: I just made 2 chicken breasts for the two of us. I omitted the sugar all together and added 1 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt to the tomato cream sauce. My dish came out a little creamier than the photo of the original recipe. Nate assured me that it tasted amazing!

This is the cajun seasoning I used and we loved it! Please ignore my gross nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment