Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cheese Biscuits

Woo hoo! I am posting an actual recipe! It's about time. I do have to admit that I can't take all the credit, Nate did all the cooking tonight. Since I've been feeling so lousy, he has truly been amazing! I seriously have the best husband. Okay, back to the food. Part one of tonight's dinner was garlic cheese biscuits. Nate loves biscuits but I find that so many of them taste a little off, either too much like buttermilk or too much like baking powder for my taste. I thought these might be winners, and they were! We really enjoyed them even though I forgot to buy the garlic. Despite that, we will be making these again! I found the recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
5 Tbsp. butter
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 clove garlic, minced (I didn't have any garlic, and they still turned out great!)



Preparation:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the center of flour mixture. Add the milk and cheddar cheese; stir to combine. Drop batter by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits.*

*We didn't add the garlic or the additional butter to the top of the biscuits. They are nice and rich all on their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment