Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, January 7, 2011

Kentucky Biscuits

I’ve been playing around with biscuit recipes for a couple weeks.  Most of them call for buttermilk, which I don’t normally have on hand.  This recipe doesn’t need buttermilk which I liked.  Nate really likes KFC’s biscuits and this recipe is from the KFC website.  I was a little concerned about the amount of salt, so I reduced it, and I’m glad I did.  I wouldn’t say these taste exactly like KFC’s biscuits, but they were pretty good.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4  tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. baking powder
2/3 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable shortening

 

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 425ºF. Sift together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder into mixing bowl. Make a well in the flour mix and add the milk. Add shortening and begin kneading with hands (to cut in) the vegetable shortening and flour in the milk until thoroughly mixed. Add milk, if needed to form, and mix. Turn onto floured board, and knead gently 6 to 8 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into biscuits. Place on baking sheet and brown in oven 10-13 minutes. Makes about 9 biscuits.

*I don’t have a biscuit cutter so I just shaped them by hand. 

DSC_0046

No comments:

Post a Comment