Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, January 28, 2011

Shredded Pork Carnitas

Okay, my understanding is that carnitas are street tacos, I could be totally wrong though. I am always looking for new pork recipes, I can only make pork chops so many times. This recipe seemed easy enough and it turned out pretty well. I got the recipe from A Blog About Food.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb. boneless pork loin roast (the smallest one I could find was 2 lbs.)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 garlic cloves minced
cooking spray
1/2 cup water
2 cups chicken broth


Preparation:
Rub pork with salt, pepper and garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook three minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork to a 5-quart round electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add stock to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Pour stock mixture over pork; add water. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until tender.
Remove pork from slow cooker, and place in a medium bowl.* Pour broth into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup.
While broth reduces, shred pork using 2 forks. Stir in broth reduction.
Serve in warmed flour tortillas, top with salsa verde and sour cream.

*Okay, I followed the recipe up until this point. I didn't reduce the remaining liquid and add it to the pork. After shredding the pork I added a bit of mild green enchilada sauce to it. I was pleased with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment