Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, April 4, 2014

Garlic and Butter Steamed Baby Red Potatoes

We are a potato kind of family. We love them. I needed an accompanying dish for our pork chops last night and these stood out to me. I saw them over at Deep South Dish. I cut back on the butter and added some garlic and a bit more salt. The dish takes a little while to cook, but it is really simple to get going. I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
2 lbs. baby red potatoes (or you can cut up regular red potatoes)
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
seasoning salt to taste (I used about 1 1/2 tsp.)
black pepper to taste
parsley to garnish

Preparation:
Clean potatoes and peel a strip around the center of each potato. In a skillet add water, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Melt butter over medium low heat. Add the potatoes to the skillet, cover, and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Shake the skillet every so often as they cook, but don't remove lid. Once cooked, sprinkle the potatoes with parsley and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment