Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sloppy Joes

Sorry for being so absentee lately! My in-laws are moving to Oregon today and we've spent several nights a week the last couple weeks having family dinners with them. I haven't been cooking too much. Things should be back to normal though around here. The other night I made sloppy joes. My brother, sister, and I all looked forward to when my mom made sloppy joes, it was one of our favorite dinners. I haven't made them since I've been married because Nate told me he doesn't like sloppy joes. Well I decided to go ahead and make them anyway and guess what? Nate LOVED them! He ate three for dinner and asked to have again on our next week's menu! I'd say that's a keeper recipe! These aren't a sweet sloppy joe, which is why we like them so much. It is just so good! I hope you enjoy them too! Sorry,no picture this time.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce (you may not use all the sauce, just add until you get the consistency you like)
1/2 yellow onion, finely diced (optional)
1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1-2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
seasoning salt
seasoned pepper
shredded cheese
hamburger buns

Preparation:
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Halfway through cooking, add the diced onion and pepper and finish cooking. Drain any fat/grease. Turn down the heat and add the chili powder, taco seasoning, mustard, and ketchup. Mix well to combine. Once that is all incorporated add the beef mixture to the crock pot and top will tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 3-4 hours (or until you're ready for dinner), stirring occasionally. Serve on hamburger buns and top with some shredded cheese if you'd like! Enjoy!

-Okay, the seasonings are my best estimate. Just start slowly and add until it tastes good!



No comments:

Post a Comment