Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kalua Pulled Pork

I try to make pork every so often. Nate could have bacon nearly every day, but I want something a little leaner. I thought this recipe looked nice and easy, and it was. It was a nice variation to a pork roast. I saw this idea over at Favorite Family Recipes. They served it as a pulled pork sandwich, I served mine over some basmati rice, but I think sandwiches would be awesome as well.


Ingredients:
3-4 pound pork roast
1-2 tablespoons Kosher salt
1/3 cup liquid smoke
1 cup water
4 washed ti leaves (if ti leaves aren't available or you don't know what they are, no worries-- it is still great without them. They just add a cool local Hawaiian element to the dish)

Preparation:
Line bottom of crock pot with 2 ti leaves (if you have them). Rub pork generously with salt, pour on liquid smoke then place on ti leaves (or in the crock pot). Add water. Fit remaining ti leaves (again, if you have them) around outer edge of crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until it will easily shred into juices (do not drain).

*Okay, I just made a two pound roast for Nate and I so I cut down the liquid smoke to 1/4 cup and the water to 3/4 cup. I didn't use the ti leaves. Also, once I shredded the pork, I didn't add all the juice, just about 2 cups, and I thought it turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment