Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Monday, June 3, 2013

The Best Garlic Steak

Have you ever been to the restaurant Tucano's? Well it's a favorite of the husband and he loves their garlic sirloin. I saw this copy cat recipe online and knew we had to try it. It was so good! We made some filet mignons with it instead of kabobs, but I think this would be great on any cut of steak. We'll definitely make this time and time again. I was nervous at first when I saw the amount of garlic salt but we followed the recipe and it turned out great. I saw the idea over at Like Mother Like Daughter.

Ingredients:
1 - 1 1/2 lbs. steak
1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. kosher salt

Preparation:
Melt butter. Mix together butter, garlic, garlic salt and salt. Brush butter mixture onto both sides of the steaks. Heat grill to high and add steaks when hot. Cook over direct high heat for 10-12 minutes for medium doneness, flipping once. Our steaks were about an inch thick. I like my steak a little more done so we cooked it just a little longer. During cooking baste meat with garlic butter mixture. We basted 2 times. Grill steaks to desired doneness, let rest for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment