Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Monday, September 3, 2012

German Chocolate Cake Cookies

Sorry for being so absentee lately! I had foot surgery and then was out of town for a week. Things should be getting back to normal now though. I made these cookies for our trip with Nate's family. Several of them love German chocolate cake and so I figured these cookies would be a hit. Everyone really enjoyed them. I found this recipe over at Crumbs and Chaos. I used a cookie scoop to portion these out and I ended up with nearly 6 dozen small cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Stir until everything is fully incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips, pecans and coconut. Put tablespoon sized balls of dough on cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. These cookies are so delicious! I don't even like coconut and I loved these cookies. I know Kim made them to spoil Ben but I have to say we all felt spoiled. You are such a great cook! Thanks for the many scrumptious creations! I'm so glad for the recipe. We will definitely try to duplicate your success!

    ReplyDelete