Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz2rHsYIQEN

Friday, March 2, 2012

Shredded Beef Quesadillas

Okay, so remember this beef I made last week? It made a ton of meat, so I was able to freeze half for another meal. Last night I used the leftover beef and made these super yummy quesadillas. They were fantastic. I have to say, the meat froze beautifully and tasted just as good as the night I made it. In fact 25 minutes after dinner was over and all cleaned up, Nate told me he was in the mood for another quesadilla! I think I broke his heart when I told him the meat was all gone. Poor guy.

Okay, so not really a recipe, more of an idea for you, but I promise it's worth making!

Ingredients:
shredded beef*
flour tortillas (I found these new ones that are only 80 calories and way tasty, you can find them at Winco or Maceys)
shredded cheese
butter
toppings such as salsa, pico, olives, sour cream, etc.

Preparation:
On half of your tortilla place some of the beef and a bit of cheese. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook on a lightly buttered griddle, flipping once, until cheese melted. Cut into wedges with a pizza cutter and serve hot!

*I used leftover meat that was frozen. I put it in the fridge the night before I plan on using it to let it thaw. At dinner time I put the thawed meat into a skillet and heated it through before adding it to the quesadillas.



We had Nate's cute sister Stephanie over for dinner last night and she gave these quesadillas her seal of approval!

No comments:

Post a Comment